- All skeins must be handspun by the exhibitor and completed since the previous NH Sheep and Wool Festival.
- There is no limit on the number of skeins you may enter per Class.
- There is no entry fee.
- All skeins must be at least 50 yards long, except for Class 7, Novelty Yarn. There is no maximum.
- Deadlines: Skeins may be mailed with their corresponding cards, to arrive one full week before the Festival to Patty Williams, Box 240 Enfield Center, NH 03749; or they may be brought to the Festival on Saturday morning from 8:30 am – 9:45 am to the Fleece Barn (see map) and turned over to Patty Williams at the NH Spinners and Dyers Guild display area.
- The judge may move a skein to a different Class if deemed more appropriate.
- Skeins must be tied in at least 4 places.
- Skeins will be judged on Saturday. After judging, skeins will be displayed in the 4-H/Fleece Sale barn.
- Return of skeins: Entries will be released on Sunday at 3pm and can be picked up in the 4-H Building after 4:30 pm. Entrants must include a pre-addressed, prepaid mailer for the return of their skeins; please state the number of skeins to be mailed. Prizes and, if possible, award ribbons will be included in the return package. Neither the guild nor the NH Sheep and Wool Growers Association is responsible for unclaimed skeins or awards.
Please attach two 3 x 5 cards to each entry with the following information:
On card #1, write legibly, and using both sides if necessary, include the following:
- Class number
- *Age of entrant if 18 years or under; include email address for electronic communications of Guild membership (see Awards below)
- Fiber content, including breed if known
- *Producer of wool if grown in New Hampshire: name of farm or shepherd
- Description of spinning techniques used, e.g. worsted, woolen, from the fold, etc.
- Description of color handling or dye technique, e.g. fractal, natural dyes, etc.
- Declaration of intended use
- *Note if hand-dyed by exhibitor; if so, whether dyed as yarn or unspun fiber
- *Note if spindle spun
*These designation may qualify your skein for an additional award.
On card #2, on one side only, print your name, address, and telephone number. Additionally, if your skein will be picked up by someone other than yourself, include your designee’s name; if your skein is to be returned in your pre-addressed, prepaid mailer, please state so (for example, “return by mail”, 1 of 3 skeins”). Optional: include your email address on skeins sent or to be returned by mail for confirmation of receipt and/or post.