The Bruce Clement Post-Secondary Education Scholarship
Eligibility: Open to any New Hampshire resident who has:
- Completed at least one year at a post-secondary educational institution
- Not received this scholarship in the past
- An affiliation with sheep through 4-H, FFA, Young Farmers, New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Growers' Association, or is majoring in a field that will benefit the sheep industry
Application Process Includes:
- Application submission postmarked by June 1, 2017.
- Completion and submission of the application (see link below).
- A transcript from the applicant's most recently-completed year with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Three letters of recommendation dated within the last six months
- Two non-relative references with name, address and phone number, who can be called by the scholarship committee.
- An interview will be held at the NH Farm Bureau Office, 295 Sheep Davis Road, Concord with the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Growers' Scholarship Committee (Time to be announced)
- Past involvement and/or future plans for involvement in the sheep industry
- Volunteer service to the sheep industry or other agricultural efforts including youth involvement in agricultural programs
- Review of current transcript,letters of recommendation and references.
- A committee of five members, including Director (s) of the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Growers' Association, will review applications, conduct interviews of candidate (s) and select the scholarship recipients.
- The scholarship checks will be made out to the chosen candidate (s).
Scholarship recipients will be announced and checks will be presented at the NHSWGA annual meeting. Recipients are encouraged to attend this event.