The Bruce Clement Post-Secondary Education Scholarship
Award: up to $1,000
Eligibility: Open to any New Hampshire resident who has:
- Completed at least one year at a post-secondary educational institution
- Not received this scholarship in the past
- An affiliation with sheep through 4-H, FFA, Young Farmers, New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Growers' Association, or is majoring in a field that will benefit the sheep industry
Application Process Includes:
- Application submission postmarked by August 1st of current year.
- Completion and submission of the application (see link below).
- A transcript from the applicant's most recently-completed year with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Two non-relative references plus one letter of recommendation dated within the last six months
- An interview will be held at the NH Farm Bureau Office, 295 Sheep Davis Road, Concord with the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Growers' Scholarship Committee.
- Past involvement and/or future plans for involvement in the sheep industry
- Volunteer service to the sheep industry or other agricultural efforts including youth involvement in agricultural programs
- Review of current transcript, letters of recommendation and references.
- A committee made up of members of the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Growers' Association, will review applications, conduct interviews of candidate (s) and select the scholarship recipients.
- The scholarship checks will be made out to the chosen candidate(s).
Scholarship recipients will be announced and checks will be presented at the NHSWGA annual meeting held in October. Recipients are encouraged to attend this event.